Stanford University, Mathematics
450 Serra Mall, Building 380
Stanford, CA 94305
I’m Ju Sun, a Math+X postdoctoral scholar working with Professor Emmanuel Candes at Stanford University. Prior to this, I obtained my PhD degree from Electrical Engineering, Columbia University in 2016, working with Professor John Wright. I work at the intersection of computer vision, machine learning, numerical optimization, signal/image processing, information theory, and compressive sensing, focusing on modeling, harnessing, and computing with structures in massive data, with provable guarantees and practical algorithms.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org \ \ email@example.com
- Office: 380 U, Sloan Hall
- Webpage: http://sunju.org
- 56th Annual Allerton Conference (Oct 02 – 05, 2018)
- International Symposium on Mathematical Programming 2018 at Bordeaux, France (Jul 01 – 06, 2018)
- OSA Imaging and Applied Optics Congress (Jun 25 – 28, 2018)
- Applied Math And Analysis Seminar, Duke University (Feb 05 - 06, 2018)
- EE Departmental Seminars, Princeton University (Feb 01 - 02, 2018)
- Award: Honorable mention of doctoral thesis for the New World Mathematics Awards 2017 (Jan 30, 2018)
- Statistics Colloquium, University of Chicago (Jan 17, 2018)
- 2017 Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers at Asilomar Grounds in Pacific Grove, CA (Oct 29 - Nov 01, 2017)
- Phaseless Imaging in Theory and Practice: Realistic Models, Fast Algorithms, and Recovery Guarantees at IMA, Minnesota U. (Aug 14 - 18, 2017)
- Talk at Data Science Reading Group Seminar at ECE, Iowa State U. (Jul 28, 2017)
- 2017 Meeting of the International Linear Algebra Society at Iowa State U. (Jul 24 - 28, 2017)
- Math + Stat + X: Conference on the Occasion of Dave Donoho’s 60th at Stanford U. (Jun 23 - 25, 2017)
- Talk at ISS seminar, SEAS, Harvard U. (Jun 15, 2017).
- Phase Retrieval: Theory, Application and Algorithms (HKUST-ICERM) at ICERM, Brown U. (Jun 5 - 18, 2017).
- SIAM Conference on Optimization at Vancouver, Bristish Columbia, Canada. (May 22 - 25, 2017).
- Representation Learning Workshop at Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing, UC Berkeley (Mar 27 -31, 2017).
- Synergies between Machine Learning and Physical Models at IPAM, UCLA. (Dec 5 - 8, 2016)
- Start postdoc life @ Stanford U.! (Sep 06, 2016)
- Columbia years (2011 – 2016)